All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBundle up and experience one of the most challenging migrations in the world in When Penguins Cross the Ice. Beautiful illustrations and a touching narrative tell the story of one particular Emperor penguin in the frozen heart of Antarctica.
- Author BiographySharon Katz Cooper is a science educator and freelance writer who specializes in science and social studies topics. She has written more than 25 books for children, including a series called Horrible Habitats, which was recommended by the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA). She is based in Pittsburgh, Penn., where she lives with her husband and three boys, Reuven, Judah, and Yaron. Tom Leonard has been a freelance illustrator for more than 20 years. A graduate of the Philadelphia College of Art (now called the University of the Arts) with a degree in Illustration, he has worked for numerous publications throughout his career, including Psychology Today, Reader's Digest, International Wildlife, and Science Digest. Since 1993 he has focused on children's books, usually with a view toward nature. Tom has had several shows throughout Philadelphia, and his work has appeared in the Graphis Annual and the Society of Illustrators. Tom teaches at the University of the Arts and also teaches summers at Fleisher Art Memorial, where he has exhibited his work on several occasions. Tom lives in South Philadelphia with his wife, Rose.
- Author(s)Sharon Katz Cooper
- PublisherCapstone Global Library Ltd
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleNonfiction Picture Books: Extraordinary Migrations
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width235 mm
- Height260 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tom Leonard
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
- Interest AgeFrom 5
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.