All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery day and all over the world, millions of people take countless photographs. Yet only a few of those images stand out from the rest, demand the world's attention, and survive the test of time. This unusual new book showcases 100 outstanding photographers and points out the unique qualities that make their pictures great. Skillfully analyzed here are--
- The dramatic landscapes of Ansel Adams
- The experimental images of Man Ray
- The dramatic photos of Margaret Bourke-White
- Incongruous humor caught by Garry Wigrand
- The candid immediacy of Henri Cartier-Bresson . . . and many others Guided by the expert eye of author Val Williams, When Photography Really Works covers a time span of more than 100 years, showing readers how to recognize the defining qualities of important photographic art in genres that include portraits, landscapes, nudes, photojournalism, abstract imagery, and more.
- Author(s)Val Williams
- PublisherBarron's Educational Series
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBarron's Educational Series Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width183 mm
- Height127 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.