All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSupport children who are struggling to enter and sustain play Play is key to young children's development and one of the most influential ways they learn. Sometimes, though, play isn't easy for children. They may find it hard to fit in, get along, or collaborate with peers. With your help, children can learn more effective strategies to engage in productive play. This interactive workbook encourages thought, reflection, and discussion as you carefully observe play, identify where children's strengths and struggles are, and offer strategies to improve their play skills. It provides a detailed look at the Play Checklist introduced in the authors' book Play: The Pathway from Theory to Practice, and an exploration of how play connects to early learning standards. Use this workbook to deepen your understanding of how developmental challenges affect children's play skills--and make play an easier, more enjoyable experience for all children.
- Author BiographySandra Heidemann: Sandra Heidemann's many roles in the early childhood field have included teaching in regular and therapeutic preschool classrooms, leading workshops, serving as past president of the Minnesota Association for the Education of Young Children, and co-directing a family support program. She is the classroom coordinator of Numbers Work!, an early math professional development initiative. Deborah Hewitt: Deborah Hewitt's experience in the early childhood field includes work as a therapeutic preschool teacher, consultant for child care providers, Child Development Associate advisor, workshop leader, school readiness program teacher, and a member of the board of directors of the Minnesota Association for the Education of Young Children. Currently, she works for the Minnesota Department of Education as an early childhood education specialist and provides staffing to Minnesota Early Learning Council.
- Author(s)Deborah Hewitt,Sandra Heidemann
- PublisherRedleaf Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationSt Paul, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRedleaf Press
- Weight249 g
- Width211 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.