All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUncover strategies to address and overcome common challenges in group play Play is essential for children's development and as they learn life skills. But some children face challenges when playing with others, and conflicts can erupt over sharing toys, taking turns, and feeling left out. Despite those moments, children want to play together. With your support and guidance, children can learn how to engage in productive play, resolve struggles, and enjoy group play. This workbook outlines strategies to create an engaging play environment, provides information to help you understand skill development, and suggests ways you can encourage children's growth through rich play. It also explains common challenges children might have during group play--like being unengaged in dramatic play, having conflicts with each other, or playing aggressively--and approaches you can use to address them. Use this interactive workbook to thoughtfully respond to play challenges in a way that can open up opportunities for children.
- Author BiographySandra Heidemann: Sandra Heidemann's many roles in the early childhood field have included teaching in regular and therapeutic preschool classrooms, leading workshops, serving as past president of the Minnesota Association for the Education of Young Children, and co-directing a family support program. She is the classroom coordinator of Numbers Work!, an early math professional development initiative. Deborah Hewitt: Deborah Hewitt's experience in the early childhood field includes work as a therapeutic preschool teacher, consultant for child care providers, Child Development Associate advisor, workshop leader, school readiness program teacher, and a member of the board of directors of the Minnesota Association for the Education of Young Children. Currently, she works for the Minnesota Department of Education as an early childhood education specialist and provides staffing to Minnesota Early Learning Council.
- Author(s)Deborah Hewitt,Sandra Heidemann
- PublisherRedleaf Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationSt Paul, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRedleaf Press
- Weight249 g
- Width208 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.