All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone's feelings get hurt, and it's especially painful in childhood. In this story, Bang's popular character Sophie is hurt when the other children laugh at her and tell her she's wrong. Sophie's face gets hot, and tears begin to flow. Then she questions herself and the value of the choices she's made. At issue is Sophie's colorful, expressive painting of her favorite tree. Sophie loves it, but her picture is different from the paintings done by the other students. The sky isn't orange! Trees aren't blue! Your picture is wrong! they tell her. In addition to the book's subtle art lesson (imagine the skies of Vincent van Gogh, for example), readers have the opportunity to compare and contrast all the paintings done in Sophie's class. In the end, the students learn there are many different ways to interpret the world -- and each other. Here is a simple story that tackles the common issue of hurt feelings as it gently helps us to be more kind.
- Author BiographyMolly Bang has written and illustrated more than twenty books for young readers, including When Sophie Gets Angry -- Really, Really Angry... ; Ten, Nine, Eight ; and The Grey Lady and the Strawberry Snatcher, each of which were Caldecott Honor books. Bang divides her time between Falmouth, Massachusetts, and Northern California.
- Author(s)Molly Bang
- PublisherScholastic US
- Date of Publication22/12/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic US
- Weight386 g
- Width226 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,Picture book,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.39
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.81
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $28.09Trending at AU $28.43
- AU $22.62Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $16.48Trending at AU $17.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.