All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a moment during sunrise or sunset when the usual motion of the day gives way to something extraordinary. Following the curvature of the earth, light bends and refracts to give a green flash as the sun rises or dips at the horizon. When the Sun Turns Green embraces moments like these, celebrating the points at which the everyday intersects with magic. Jane McKie casts her unique vision on subjects as diverse as ultrasounds and ley lines, wind farms and grandmothers, fighting hares and water monsters, sculptures and Sussex dialect words, observing the interactions of the natural and mythic worlds around us with verve and lyrical precision. Imaginative, poised and always surprising, the poems of Jane McKie's second collection confirm her as one of Britain's most exciting emerging poets.
- Author BiographyJane McKie, originally from West Sussex, lives in Linlithgow, West Lothian. Her poems have been published in various magazines and anthologies, including New Writing Scotland and Granta's New Writing Volume 15. Her first collection, Morocco Rococo (Cinnamon Press), was awarded the Sundial / Scottish Arts Council prize for best first book of 2007. She runs a small press, called Knucker Press (www.knuckerpress.com), which brings together writers and artists in books and pamphlets in a way that is mutually illustrative and fulfilling.
- Author(s)Jane McKie
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication22/06/2009
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolygon An Imprint of Birlinn Limited
- Weight191 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.