All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionMillions of Americans take the Bible at its word and turn to like-minded local ministers and TV preachers, periodicals and paperbacks for help in finding their place in God's prophetic plan for humankind. And yet, influential as this phemen is in the worldview of so many, the belief in biblical prophecy remains a popular mystery, largely unstudied and little understood. When Time Shall Be No More provides an in-depth look at the subtle, pervasive ways in which prophecy belief shapes contemporary American thought and culture, tracing the origins and development of the strange complex of biblical exegesis and journalistic manipulation.
- Author BiographyPaul Boyer, Merle Curti Professor of History at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- Author(s)Paul S. Boyer
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication05/04/1994
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleStudies in Cultural History
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Belknap Press
- Content Note36 halftones in two 8-page inserts
- Weight708 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine34 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.