All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCrimes of a sexual nature perpetrated by adult females against males constitute a serious problem in our society. A woman can rape a man, and this crime occurs far more often than most imagine. This book addresses an entire range of crimes beyond rape, however; stalking, sexual harassment, and sexual assault are all covered in detail. When Women Sexually Abuse Men: The Hidden Side of Rape, Stalking, Harassment, and Sexual Assault illuminates the long-overlooked subject of adult female against adult male sex crimes. Combining personal accounts, information on criminal cases, relevant research on adult female against adult male sexual offenses, and statistical data from the FBI and other government sources, the authors comprehensively document how some women can be aggressive sexual predators, just like their male counterparts; highlight the changes in the criminal behavior of women; and provide fascinating stories of true crime as well as shocking revelations about human behavior.
- Author BiographyPhilip Cook is an investigative journalist and author. His published works include Praeger's Abused Men: The Hidden Side of Domestic Violence and articles he has written or coauthored in Journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment, Journal of Elder Abuse & Neglect, and many others. His work has received high praise from national columnists such as Ask Amy and Dear Abby, as well as many of the nation's leading domestic violence sociologist, attorneys, physicians, law enforcement, and mental health professionals. Tammy Hodo, PhD, is criminal justice adjunct, University of the Incarnate Word, San Antonio, TX; sociology adjunct at San Diego Miramar College, CA; and former chair of the School of Criminal Justice, ITT Technical Institute, San Diego, CA. She was previously project assistant at the Center for Urban Initiatives and Research, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. Her published work included the article Voices from Within: The Academic Experiences of Minority Scholars at a Midwest Research University in the online journal e.polis.
- Author(s)Philip W. Cook,Tammy L. Hodo
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.