When You Feel Like Screaming: Help for Frustrated Mothers by Pat Holt, Grace H Ketterman (Paperback / softback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA best-seller revised...with a value-added bonus! Many moms feel guilty about screaming at their children but don't kw how to stop. Ketterman says, ?Having grown up with a loving but screaming mother, I kw the emotional damage it causes. Being a mother of three, I also kw how easy it is to fall into the habit of screaming.? From their research and personal and professional experience, Dr. Ketterman and Pat Holt share why mothers fall into the habit of yelling and what factors drive mothers to lose control. Using real stories from real moms, they discuss examples of how screaming and anger affects children, and also the debilitating affects it has on moms. The authors challenge parents to look at their own anger and choose to react differently. Practical steps are given for more effective and positive ways to get children to do what they must do. The second part of the book offers commonsense answers to specific questions relating to all areas of child-rearing, from infancy through teens.
- Author BiographyGRACE KETTERMAN, M.D., is the mother of three and a pediatrician and psychiatrist. A member of the American Medical Association and American Psychiatric Association, she currently serves on the psychiatric staff at the Center for Behavioral Development in Kansas City, Missouri. She has over forty years experience in pediatric medicine and youth mental health services. She is a popular speaker and lecturer to professional and community groups on topics such as crisis intervention for youth and building a healthier family life. She has written numerous books on parenting and family issues, including the popular Complete Book of Baby and Child Care. PAT HOLT is the mother of two children and administrator of West Valley Christian Academy in California. For several years she taught mentally and emotionally handicapped children. The author of several books including Ten Myths that Damage a Child's Confidence and Don't Give In, Give Choices (with Grace Ketterman), Holt is a popular speaker on commonsense parenting, classroom discipline, and curriculum topics related to reading.
- Author(s)Grace H Ketterman,Pat Holt
- PublisherShaw (Harold) Publishers,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationWheaton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShaw (Harold) Publishers,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width140 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.