Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.06
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.12
- AU $33.01Trending at AU $39.52
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.35
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.47
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionJoy Behar, comedian and cohost of ABC's The View, offers a follow-up to her Joy Schtick with this compilation written by 100 of her friends, associates, and role models, including Barbara Bush, Donald Trump, and James Earl Jones. Behar asked her celebrity friends to share whatever picks them up when they're down in the dumps, and as each celebrity offers his or her advice on how to cope with the blues, it soon becomes clear that most of us are driven to find solace in similar activities, regardless of who we are.
- Author BiographyJoy Behar, currently a cohost of ABC's The View, is among today's leading comic talents. She earned an M.A. in English education from SUNY at Stony Brook and began her career in teaching before she turned to stand-up comedy. She has performed in her own HBO special and won a CableACE Award for her voice work on Dr. Katz. Joy has appeared on a number of television talk shows, in films, and on stage. She writes a monthly advice column in Good Housekeeping and is the author of Joy Shtick: Or What Is the Existential Vacuum and Does It Come With Attachments? Renee Raudman is a multi-award-winning audiobook narrator. A multiple Audie Award nominee, she has earned a number of AudioFile Earphones Awards, including for The Last Secret by Mary McGarry Morris and Wesley the Owl by Stacey O'Brien, as well as a Publishers Weekly Listen-Up Award for Joe Schreiber's Chasing the Dead. She has also performed on film, TV, radio, and stage, including the recurring roles of Jordon on ABC's One Life To Live, Phyllis on NBC's Passions, and guest-starring roles on prime-time TV. She has been heard in cartoons (The Simpsons, Billy & Mandy), videogames, and on the E! channel. Her narration of Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper was selected by Library Journal as one of the best audiobooks of 2009, and her reading of Marthe Jocelyn's Would You was selected by the ALA as one of the best young adult audiobooks of 2009. David Drummond has made his living as an actor for over twenty-five years, appearing on stages large and small throughout the country and in Seattle, Washington, his hometown. He has narrated over sixty audiobooks for Tantor, in genres ranging from current political commentary to historical nonfiction, from fantasy to military, and from thrillers to humor. He received an AudioFile Earphones Award for his first audiobook, Love 'Em or Lose 'Em: Getting Good People to Stay. When not narrating, David keeps busy writing plays and stories for children.
- Author(s)Joy Behar
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Renee Raudman,David Drummond
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time180
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.