All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen You Rise Up collects texts by relentlessly exploratory choreographer Miguel Gutierrez, who engages artistic community in a radical sense, interrogating physical encounter at all scales, from the collaborating performers to the world where the work takes place. Standing alone from their original contexts, these pieces radiate with the physical urgency of a life committed to art and performance.
- Author BiographyMiguel Gutierrez is a Brooklyn based dance and music artist. He creates group work in collaboration with dancers, visual and music artists as the director of Miguel Gutierrez and the Powerful People, and he also makes solos. His work has been presented internationally in venues such as Dance Theater Workshop in New York, the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis and ImPulsTanz in Vienna. He was the instigator of freedom of information, a performance/protest/meditation project in 2001 and 2008. He has received support from the NEA, Jerome Foundation, Creative Capital, Rockefeller MAP Fund, New York Foundation for the Arts. He has two New York Dance and Performance Bessie Awards: for dancing with John Jasperse Company, and for choreography. As a singer, he has performed with My Robot Friend, Antony and the Johnsons and Vincent Segal. He teaches classes regularly around the world and he invented DEEP (Death Electric Emo Protest) AEROBICS.
- Author(s)Miguel Gutierrez
- Publisher53rd State Press
- Date of Publication11/07/2013
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Imprint53rd State Press
- Weight85 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.