All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a light-hearted look at parenting that also contains many practical suggestions for managing all of the supplies, advice, questions, and challenges that come along with being a parent. It is the definitive guide to raising a self-sufficient, well-mannered child, while keeping life in perspective and maintaining a sense of humor. The main theme of the book is that parents are t alone in the land of Parenthood. All parents go through shades of the same issues sooner or later, and it is important to reach out and seek the wisdom that surrounds us. In addition, the author includes a tremendous resource for parents who may be struggling with children's behavioral issues. She presents the Privileges System, which she created for her own daughter after consulting many behavioral management sources. It does utilize counting but does t include the use of time outs. The Privileges System doesn't cost anything to implement, and parents who commit to it will likely see results in a very short time. Koontz believes that the most important thing you can teach your child is that you truly mean what you say. You will earn the respect of a child by modeling respect, and the best way to teach kindness is by being kind. The book concludes with a list of things that parents should remember when they are too tired to remember anything else. Parents deserve to celebrate their achievements and look forward to tomorrow, kwing that they have made a difference today.
- Author BiographyJennifer M. Koontz earned a B.A. from Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. She taught secondary Social Studies in Maryland before earning a J.D. from The Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University. Koontz has taught students of every age, from preschool through college. When she became a mother in 2005, she began to make observations about parenting and collect stories that were told to her by other parents. Now that she has been a teacher and a lawyer, she has decided to add author to the list. In addition to writing, she enjoys traveling, swimming, and reading with her daughter. She loves crafts and remains hopeful that her daughter will join her one day at the craft table. Koontz currently resides in Pennsylvania with her family and is working on her next book.
- Author(s)Jennifer M Koontz
- Date of Publication06/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.