When in Doubt, Make Belief: Life Lessons from OCD by Jeff Bell, Michael A. Jenike (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen in doubt, make belief. For author/news anchor Jeff Bell, these are words to live by. Literally. As someone who has spent much of his life battling severe obsessive-compulsive disorder (a.k.a. The Doubting Disease), Bell has had to overcome crippling uncertainty few people can imagine. In this powerful follow-up to his critically-acclaimed memoir, Rewind, Replay, Repeat , Bell expounds on the principles of applied belief that allowed him to make such a remarkable recovery and the lessons he's learned while traveling the country talking about doubt. With the help of more than a dozen leading experts on OCD, anxiety, and applied belief, Bell offers readers struggling with chronic uncertainty - or just plain everyday worries - practical, life-changing strategies for making belief. Bell describes how everyone must push through doubt before they can accomplish anything, whether it is the everyday doubts about airline or highway safety and worries about our children to the more crippling doubt of people with OCD. He talks about the dueling directors within each of us, the default and greater good directors, and how to use the sense of getting to something good to overcome our default settings of fear- or doubt-driven decisions. The book describes what he defines as 'trap doors of doubt', which are false approaches to getting out of doubt, but which lead where. Instead, Bell demonstrates how to shift from decisions based on fear and doubt to decisions made based on service and purpose, and how this approach can transform your life.
- Author BiographyJeff Bell is a longtime veteran of radio and television news and currently coanchors the afternoon news at KCBS Radio in San Francisco. A sought-after motivational speaker, Bell serves as a spokesperson for the nonprofit International Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Foundation (formerly the Obsessive Compulsive Foundation), to which he is donating a portion of this book's proceeds. Michael Jenike, MD, Harvard Medical School professor of psychiatry, lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Jeff Bell,Michael A. Jenike
- PublisherNew World Library
- Date of Publication10/09/2009
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNovato, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew World Library
- Content Notefigures
- Weight263 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.