All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionIn the far future, Earth is about to be swallowed by a black hole in this sweeping SF epic from one of the masters of the genre. In a time so far from our own that we cant comprehend it, humanity has spread amongst the stars and changed in more ways than we can count. But they have never forgotten their birthplace - Earth. But w Earth stands on the brink of catastrophe, at risk of being swallowed by a black hole. One man, Hasz Prime, ruler of his world, is determined to visit Earth before it is destroyed. His abdication from his throne and his wanderlust are to prove the beginning of a much longer journey - one that will see him fall in love, meet the Oracles of Earth and perhaps, if he is very lucky, provide a means to save the cradle of humanity. Originally started by Robert Silverberg more than 20 years ago but never completed, Hasz's story is taken up by Alvaro Zis-Amaro. Silverberg hand-picked Zis-Amaro to complete the book, and provided tes and guidance. The result is a remarkable collaboration between one of the masters of SF and one of the most exciting new voices in the genre.
- Author BiographyRobert Silverberg has been a professional writer since 1955, widely known for his science fiction and fantasy stories. He is a many-time winner of the HUGO and NEBULA AWARDs, was named to the Science Fiction Hall of Fame in 1999, and in 2004 was designated as a Grand Master by the Science Fiction Writers of America. His books and stories have been translated into 40 languages. Among his best known titles are NIGHTWINGS, DYING INSIDE, THE BOOK OF SKULLS and the three volumes of the Majipoor Cycle: LORD VALENTINE'S CASTLE, MAJIPOOR CHRONICLES and VALENTINE PONTIFEX. His collected short stories, covering nearly 60 years of work, are being published in nine volumes by SF Gateway and Subterranean Press. His most recent book is TALES OF MAJIPOOR (2013), a new collection of stories set on the giant world made famous in LORD VALENTINE'S CASTLE. He and his wife Karen and an assorted population of cats, live in the San Francisco Bay Area in a sprawling house surrounded by exotic plants.
- Author(s)Alvaro Zinos-Amaro,Robert Silverberg
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication13/03/2014
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight188 g
- Width132 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.