All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpiritual formation occurs primarily in the context of community. But as the modern cultural rm of what social scientists call radical American individualism extends itself, many Christians grow lax in their relational accountability to the church. Faith threatens to become an I t us, a my God t our God concern. When the Church Was a Family calls believers back to the wisdom of the first century, examining the early Christian church from a sociohistorical perspective and applying the findings to the evangelical church in America today. With confidence, author Joseph Hellerman writes intentionally to traditional church leaders and emerging church visionaries alike, believing what is detailed here about Jesus' original vision for authentic Christian community will deeply satisfy the relational longings of both audiences.
- Author BiographyJoseph H. Hellerman is professor of New Testament at Biola University in La Mirada, California, and helps pastor Oceanside Christian Fellowship in nearby El Segundo. He holds degrees from Biola (Master of Divinity and Master of Theology, Old Testament) and the University of California (Bachelor of Arts in English and Masters of Arts in English and History of Christianity).
- Author(s)Joseph H Hellerman
- PublisherBroadman & Holman Publishers
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNashville, TN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Weight340 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.