All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fascinating insider's look at the people, politics, and power plays behind the mega sports deals In When the Game Is on the Line, Rick Horrow reveals the real stories behind the biggest sports deals of the past twenty years, over 100 of which he has brokered. Since early battles with infamous Dolphins owner Joe Robbie and a backstabbing Miami City Commission, Horrow has tangled with colorful figures in sports and government, including NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue, Florida Goverr Jeb Bush, golf legend Jack Nicklaus, and Miami Heat owner Ted Arison. The results have included new stadiums across America, league expansions, elite teams such as the Miami Heat-- and the bragging rights to go with them. For anyone interested in the high-octane world where sports, business, and politics meet, When the Game Is on the Line is a must-read.
- Author BiographyAs CEO of Horrow Sports Ventures (www.horrowsports.com), Rick Horrow has been the architect of 103 deals worth more than $13 billion in sports, performing arts, and other urban infrastructure projects. Horrow is also Sports Business Analyst for CNN, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Bloomberg TV, Fox Sports, and PBS' Nightly Business Report. He is nicknamed The Sports Professor because he has served as Visiting Expert on sports law at The Harvard Law School. In May 2008, Horrow joined Squire, Sanders & Dempsey L.L.P. of counsel to enhance the firm's sports and entertainment law and facilities development practices. Founded in 1890, Squire Sanders has more than 850 lawyers in 32 offices and 15 countries around the world. Lary Bloom is a long-time writer, journalist, and editor.
- Author(s)Rick Horrow
- PublisherMorgan James Publishing llc
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationNewport News
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan James Publishing llc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight364 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.