All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe sixties are in full swing, and going to war is the last thing on sixteen-year-old Kathy's mind. It's all about miniskirts, the Beatles and her fab new boots! But the world is rapidly changing, her brother is fighting in the Vietnam War and her best friend is protesting against it. Kathy simply wants to live life and experience a world beyond her suburban existence. So when the chance comes for her to dance with an entertainment troop in Vietnam, she slips on her boots, walks away from her convent school, and heads off to war. But Kathy soon finds the reality of war is song and dance. This go-go girl will never be the same again...
- Author BiographyPamela Rushby was born in Queensland, and has worked in advertising, as a pre-school teacher, and a freelance writer. She was a writer and producer of educational television, audio and multimedia for the Queensland Department of Education for sixteen years, and now freelances in children's and young adult fiction and non-fiction; scriptwriting; and multimedia writing/designing. Pamela has had over 100 books published, including the young adult novels CIRCLES OF STONE (2003) and MILLIONS OF MUMMIES (2006). Pamela has two children and two grandchildren, and lives in Brisbane with her husband, a three-legged cat and six visiting scrub turkeys.
- Author(s)Pamela Rushby
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication26/02/2009
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2002
- ImprintLothian Children's Books
- Weight230 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.