All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $16.34Free postage
- AU $21.50Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionThe tide is turning, but on the home front, the battle is far from over for the Campions...Autumn 1944, the allies are invading Italy. On the home front, the Campion family are doing their bit -working tirelessly in the hope that the end of the war is w in sight. Sasha, newly engaged to Bobby has been tormented by nameless terrors ever since she was rescued from a bomb shaft. But she needs help if she is to face down her fears and look to the future. Lou, separated from her twin Sasha, is breaking the mould in her new role as a member of the Air Transport Auxiliary. But she is shaken to her core when a face from her past shows up, the devilishly handsome American GI, Kieran Mallory. Back in London Katie hopes that she is finally over Luke, the man who broke her heart, until a surprise letter from him arrives. But can they rebuild something stronger on the ashes of their love? Even though today is full of suffering and pain, there is hope that tomorrow the lights will go on again.
- Author BiographyAnnie Groves was born and lived in the north-west of England all of her life. She was the author of the Pride family series, Ellie Pride, Connie's Courage and Hettie of Hope Street, for which she drew upon her own family's history, picked up from listening to her grandmother's stories when she was a child. Her next set of novels was the World War II series Goodnight Sweetheart, Some Sunny Day, The Grafton Girls and As Time Goes By. These were followed by the Campion series, Across the Mersey, Daughters of Liverpool, The Heart of the Family, Where the Heart Is and When the Lights Go on Again, which are also based on recollections from members of her family, who come from the city of Liverpool. My Sweet Valentine follows on from Home for Christmas and London Belles and is the third in this series, which introduces a set of glorious characters living in Article Row in Holborn. Annie Groves, whose real name was Penny Halsall, also wrote under the name of Penny Jordan and was an international bestselling author of over 170 novels with sales of over 84 million copies. Sadly, Penny Halsall died in 2011. She left a wonderful legacy of heart-warming novels for many more fans to discover and she will be greatly missed by all who knew her. The final books in the Article Row series, Only a Mother Knows and A Christmas Promise, will be published posthumously in 2013.
- Author(s)Annie Groves
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/08/2010
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight260 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.