All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of an International Lati Book AwardA dancer driven to succeed.A musical prodigy attempting to escape his past.The summer they share.And the moment it all goes wrong.Dance is Soledad Reyes's life. About to graduate from Miami's Biscayne High School for the Performing Arts, she plans on spending her last summer at home teaching in a dance studio, saving money, and eventually auditioning for dance companies. That is, until fate intervenes in the form of fellow student Jonathan Crandall who has what sounds like an outrageous proposition: Forget teaching. Why t spend the summer performing in the intense environment of the competitive drum and bugle corps? The corps is going to be performing Carmen, and the opportunity to portray the character of the sultry gypsy proves too tempting for Soledad to pass up, as well as the opportunity to spend more time with Jonathan, who intrigues her in a way boy ever has before. But in an uncanny echo of the story they perform every evening, an unexpected competitor for Soledad's affections appears: Taz, a member of an all-star Spanish soccer team. One explosive encounter later Soledad finds t only her relationship with Jonathan threatened, but her entire future as a professional dancer.
- Author BiographyCaridad Ferrer is a winner of the RITA and International Latino Book Award. She is the author of Adios to My Old Life and It's Not About the Accent. Ferrer was a drum major in high school and a member of the drum and bugle corps for three years. She lives with her family near Seattle, Washington.
- Author(s)Caridad Ferrer
- PublisherThomas Dunne Books
- Date of Publication23/11/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas Dunne Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.