Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.74+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHer courage and her heart will be tested in ways she never expected... Beth Thatcher has spent her entire life in the safe, comfortable world of her family, her friends, and the social outings her father's wealth provides. But Beth is about to leave it all behind to accept a teaching position in the rugged foothills of western Canada. Inspired by her aunt Elizabeth, who went west to teach school several years ago, and gently encouraged by her father, Beth resolves to put her trust in God and bravely face any challenge that comes her way. But the conditions in Coal Valley are even worse than she'd feared. A recent mining accident has left the town grieving and at the mercy of the mining company. The children have had very little prior education, and many of the locals don't even speak English. There isn't even a proper schoolhouse. In addition, Beth's heart is torn between two young men--both Mounties, one a lifelong friend and the other a kind, quiet man who comes to her aid more than once. Despite the many challenges, Beth is determined to make a difference in the rustic frontier town. But when her sister visits from the East, reminding her of all the luxuries she's had to give up, will Beth decide to return to her privileged life as soon as the school year is over? A special companion story to Hallmark Channel's When Calls the Heart TV series
- Author BiographyCelebrated for her significant contribution to the Christian book industry, Janette Oke is the recipient of the 1992 ECPA President's Award, the 1999 CBA Life Impact Award, the Gold Medallion, and the Christy Award. Her novels have sold more than 30 million copies and are beloved by readers around the world. Janette lives with her husband, Edward, in Alberta, Canada. Laurel Oke Logan, daughter of Edward and Janette Oke, is the author of Janette Oke: A Heart for the Prairie, as well as the novels Dana's Valley, Where Courage Calls, and Where Trust Lies, which she co-wrote with her mom. Laurel's growing family includes six children, their spouses, and three grandsons.
- Author(s)Janette Oke,Laurel Oke Logan
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication21/03/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
Most relevant reviews
- wdooch_dmpbx022 Mar, 2016by
Heartwarming and inspiring.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $52.84
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.