All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStegosaurus had spikes along its back. Triceratops had long, sharp horns. Tyransaurus rex was ermous. Millions and millions of years before the first people lived, these fascinating creatures ruled the Earth. To find out where they came from, you have to look way back in time ...3.5 billion years ago! Come explore the biggest mystery of all: Where did disaurs come from? Read and find out!
- Author BiographyKathleen Weidner Zoehfeld is the award-winning author of more than seventy books for children. She has written several books in the Let's Read And Find Out Science series, including: WHAT LIVES IN A SHELL?, an NSTA/CBC Outstanding Science Trade Book and winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science's Best Children's Book award; WHAT IS THE WORLD MADE OF?, a Children's Book of the Month Club Main Selection; WHAT'S ALIVE?, also named an AAAS Best Children's Book ; HOW MOUNTAINS ARE MADE, an NSTA/CBC Outstanding Science Trade Book, DINOSAUR TRACKS, a great choice for even the most discriminating dinophiles (School Library Journal); and DINOSAURS BIG AND SMALL, winner of the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Best Book Award Kathleen was a children's book editor for over ten years before becoming a full-time writer. When she is not reading, researching, writing, or editing she loves to spend her free time exploring, doing fieldwork, and preparing and curating fossils for her local natural history museums. She lives in Berkeley, CA. Lucia Washburn has illustrated more than a dozen books for children. Her Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science books include Dinosaur Tracks, Dinosaurs Big and Small, and Did Dinosaurs Have Feathers?, which has illustrations that provide vivid visualizations of long-ago landscapes (School Library Journal). Her other books include Look to the North by Jean Craighead George, a 1997 Parents' Choice Gold Award winner praised as a fine addition to science collections (ALA Booklist). When she travels, she and her family enjoy visiting the local museums to see their dinosaur collections. Being the mother of two children, she has a special fondness for Maiasaura. She lives in California with her family.
- Author(s)Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleLets-Read-And-Find-Out Science Stage 2
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight158 g
- Width254 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Lucia Washburn
- Interest AgeFrom 4
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.