All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, readers gain access to real scientific data pertaining to the science of sound production, promoting graph-reading, comparison, contrast, and calculation skills. Graphs show data from a Gas Pressure Sensor, Anemometer (Wind Speed), Dual-Range Force Sensor, and Sound Pressure Meter (Microphone). The musical instruments analyzed include violin, flute, clarinet, saxophone, oboe and bassoon reeds, trumpet, trombone, 5 types of recorders (garklein, soprani, sopra, alto, ter, and bass), xylophone, drum pad, cymbals, gong, maracas, guiro, claves, triangle, maracas, wood block, castanets, Tibetan bowl, tuning fork, and voice. Bonus Material: Graphs of data for different types of microphone setups (mo, stereo, traditional stereo, &, x-y configuration), graphs of theoretically calculated harmonic waves, and selected instrument measurement specifications are included. Plus, graphs from a simple pneumatic experiment provide contrast and context for the science of music.
- Author BiographyAn award-winning musician and science student as a youth and young adult, M. Schottenbauer, Ph.D., studied music, physics, mathematics, and liberal arts at the university before going on to earn a doctorate in psychology. Dr. Schottenbauer held a position as a Research Assistant Professor, and currently works as an independent educational consultant.
- Author(s)Michele Schottenbauer
- PublisherM. Schottenbauer, Ph D.
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationChevy Chase
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintM. Schottenbauer, Ph D.
- Content Note270 colour illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.