All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, readers gain access to real scientific data pertaining to the science of sound production, promoting graph-reading, comparison, contrast, and calculation skills. Graphs show data from the following scientific instruments: Sound Level Meter Tuner This book allows readers to analyze real data without purchasing expensive lab equipment. These data from musical instruments (strings, woodwinds, brass, percussion) can be used for lesson plans by teachers and parents. The musical instruments in this book include violin, flute, clarinet, saxophone, oboe and bassoon reeds, trumpet, trombone, 5 types of recorders (garklein, soprani, sopra, alto, ter, and bass), xylophone, drum pad, cymbals, gong, maracas, guiro, claves, triangle, maracas, wood block, castanets, Tibetan bowl, tuning fork, and voice. Bonus Material: Charts comparing tuning systems, instructions on calculating frequencies for different tes and scales, and derivation of the power series underlying just intonation tuning and scales are included. Pictures of the scientific instruments and musical instruments used in Volumes 1 and 2, sample setup pictures and discussion questions regarding laboratory equipment, and pictures of a comparison hydraulic experiment are also included. Notiz: Deutsch Ausgabe separat erhaltlich
- Author BiographyAn award-winning musician and science student as a youth and young adult, M. Schottenbauer, Ph.D., studied music, physics, mathematics, and liberal arts at the university before going on to earn a doctorate in psychology. Dr. Schottenbauer held a position as a Research Assistant Professor, and currently works as an independent educational consultant.
- Author(s)Michele Schottenbauer
- PublisherM. Schottenbauer, Ph D.
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationChevy Chase
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintM. Schottenbauer, Ph D.
- Content Note187 black & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.