All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first part of a series investigating cult television looks at Westerns from the days of Action in the Afteron; a 1953 classic where the action was shot live and horses wandered in and out of the scenes at will, through to the Lone Ranger, Wagon Train, Gunsmoke, Larami, The High Chaparral, The Virginian, Bonanza, Johnny Ringo and ending up at Zorro and Son. No stone is left unturned and 199 shows from a golden yesteryear are dusted down. Exciting and rarely seen stills carry the reader back to a time when life was simple and every wrong was set right, often in just half an hour. Morality was t complex and we were all secure in the kwledge that evil could never triumph. Well researched and beautifully put together to appeal to all lovers and students of the good old days (they certainly don't make 'em like this any more!). Checks out how and why the Western died on television, and also what happened to the stars after they hung up their gun belts. Probably the biggest and best television history to be seen this year.
- Author BiographyC McGivern has written a number of biographies including John Wayne; A Giant Shadow . Fred Landesman has just had The John Wayne Filmography published in America by McFarland Publishing.
- Author(s)Carolyn McGivern
- PublisherSammon Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBracknell
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSammon Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight766 g
- Width260 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.