All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published in 1993, this is the essential book by and about Pete Seeger for those who admire him and love his music. From the 1940s when he began playing with Woody Guthrie and Lead Belly, through his fifty years of activism, Seeger has always held the belief that everyone should be able to participate in making music, and this musical memoir is the perfect place to start. This revised and expanded volume-including a CD with examples from 267 songs-shares the personal stories and historical context surrounding some of Seeger's most familiar and beloved tunes. Commenting on everything from songwriting to social activism, this autobiographical songbook includes lyrics, music, and chords to more than 300 songs, plus personal observations, anecdotes, and more than 100 photos and drawings.
- Author BiographyLegendary folksinger and peace advocate Pete Seeger (1919-2014) issued approximately one hundred records and wrote or worked on dozens of books, and collaborated on numerous radical songbooks and articles.
- Author(s)Pete Seeger
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication16/02/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note100+ illustrations; 300+ musical selections
- Weight830 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-ROM
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.