All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWithout risking life or limb, readers can explore the wonders and beauty of the Amazon in this Where Is...? title. Human beings have inhabited the banks of the Amazon River since 13,000 BC and yet they make up just a small percentage of the population of this geographic wonderland. The Amazon River basin teems with life--animal and plant alike. It's a rainforest that is home to an estimated 390 billion individual trees, 2.5 million species of insects, and hundreds of amazing creatures and plants that can either cure diseases, or, like the poison dart frog, kill with a single touch. Where Is the Amazon? reveals the amazing scale of a single rainforest that we are still trying to understand today and that, in many ways, supports our existence on this planet.
- Author BiographySarah Fabiny is the Editor-in-Chief of series and licensed books at Grosset & Dunlap. She has written several Who Was...? titles, including Beatrix Potter, Frida Kahlo, and Rachel Carson. She lives in New York.
- Author(s)Sarah Fabiny
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2017
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleWhere Is...?
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2017
- ImprintGrosset & Dunlap Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width135 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.84Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.55
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.