All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYoung readers will connect with the story of this National Historic Landmark--the Brooklyn Bridge! Building the Brooklyn Bridge was simple feat. Despite a brilliant plan from a father-son team of engineers, the process was a dangerous and grueling one. Construction workers developed a mysterious illness (w kwn as the bends), several died, and the project had devastating effects on the engineers' lives. Still, after fourteen years, the Brooklyn Bridge was finished and became the longest suspension bridge in the world at the time and is still widely admired today. Megan Stine tells the fascinating story behind one of the city's best-loved landmarks. Includes black-and-white illustrations and a foldout color map!
- Author BiographyMegan Stine has written several books for young readers, including Where Is the White House?, Who Was Marie Curie?, Who Was Ulysses S. Grant?, Who Is Michelle Obama?, and Who Was Sally Ride? She lives in Clinton, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Megan Stine
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication19/01/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleWhere Is...?
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width132 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)John Hinderliter
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.