All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are canyons all over the planet, and the Grand Canyon in Arizona is t the biggest. Yet because of the spectacular colors in the rock layers and fascinating formations of boulders, buttes, and mesas, it is kwn as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Starting with a brief overview of how national parks came into being, this book covers all aspects of the canyon--how it formed, which early native people lived there, and what varied wildlife can be found there w. A history of the canyon's end-to-end exploration in the late 1860s and how the Grand Canyon became such a popular vacation spot (5 million tourists visit every year) round out this informative, easy-to-read account.
- Author BiographyJim O'Connor is the author of What Was Pompeii?, What Was the Battle of Gettysburg?, and Who Is Bob Dylan?
- Author(s)Jim O'Connor
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleWhere Is...?
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width135 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $26.34
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
- AU $25.74Trending at AU $27.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.