All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
About this product
- DescriptionAfter the death of her grandmother, young vice priestess and healer, Ceridwen, is faced with the daunting responsibility of ministering to her Celtic tribe, at a time when spiritual leadership is most needed. It is over two hundred years since Roman invaders attempted to annihilate the Druids on the shores of the Island of Mona (Anglesey in North Wales). Is w is the time for healing and forging a future from that hateful carnage? Is her attraction to a Roman surgeon, Marcus, a weakness, or her destiny? Dare she allow herself to be drawn into a relationship with him, w that she will be expected to mate at the sacred time of Beltane; and how can she steer her tribe away from its current chieftain, who usurps the bility of Celtic leadership in exchange for a reign of intimidation and terror? Their lives entwine and unfold in the setting of Mynydd Llwydiarth - the sacred mountain on the island of Mona. Charged with passing the secrets and wisdom of her Druid training down the generations through the female line, she questions why she cant conceive a girl child. The true magic she comes to learn, as her life unfolds, is more about love and loyalty than ritual, more about justice than tribe. Interpreted as an allegory of the era we live in, where there are clashes of both culture and ideals, we can empathise with the process; but, for both Ceridwen and Marcus it is an agonizing spiritual journey of self searching and response to their times. 'Where Rowans Intertwine' is a historical vel which will interest those who enjoy a mystical tale, a spiritual quest, and a dip into the past. It will fascinate those interested in things Celtic, Druid, Roman or Pagan, and create an awakening to healing and life purpose.
- Author BiographyAfter Drama school in London, where she won the best actress award the year following Helen Mirren, Margaret chose to make drama teaching her career and wrote many customized plays for her comprehensive school pupils. But rural life beckoned and she and her husband decided to bring up their young family on the island of Anglesey in North Wales. It was during her years there, living on the beautiful mountain of Mynydd Llwydiarth, that she became fascinated by its Druid past and began the research for her first novel, which she planned to write whenever time would afford. She returned to teaching in the 1980's but this time to a primary school, where she enjoyed writing stories for morning assembly and creating dance dramas. Since her days in teaching she has enjoyed researching the lives of the elderly and has been involved in a variety of voluntary work. This has included Reiki healing, which has given her rich insights into the work of a healer and empathy with the main character in her first novel, 'Where Rowans Intertwine'. Following a move to Sheffield, she concentrated on renovating an old farm worker's cottage and writing the much-awaited novel. She won a local writing competition for BBC Radio Sheffield: 'My Journey to Faith - How I became a Baha'i' - a humble accolade, but encouraging. The first novel 'Where Rowans Intertwine', is complete and published on Amazon Kindle, but the second one is brewing. Recently retired to Lincolnshire, she now has the freedom to make writing more of a career.
- Author(s)Margaret Grant
- PublisherMynydd Llwydiarth Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMynydd Llwydiarth Press
- Content Notephotograph of author, back 2 jacket, front cover jacket, artwork and photographs of trees
- Weight522 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.