All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhere There's a Wheel, There's a Way is a colorful, well illustrated children's book that tells the inspirational story of the life of triathlete and Ironman Kyle Pease. Kyle was born with cerebral palsy and despite spending his life seated in a wheelchair with limited use of his arms, Kyle lives a life filled with much enjoyment and an endless string of personal victories. Where There's a Wheel, There's a Way shares Kyle's story taking us from elementary school student, to high school basketball team manager to competitive athlete and even to Ironman and founder of a n-profit organization, The Kyle Pease Foundation. With the help of his older brother, Brent, Kyle competes in athletic competitions and has twice completed the 140.6 mile Ironman competition. Pease is a college graduate from Kennesaw State University, holds down four jobs and is founder of the Kyle Pease Foundation. The purpose of the Kyle Pease Foundation (KPF) is to create awareness and raise funds to promote success for persons with disabilities by providing assistance to meet their individual needs through sports. Programs may include scholarship opportunities, purchasing of medical equipment or adaptive sports equipment for others or contributing to other organizations that provide similar assistance to disabled persons as well as participating in educational campaigns to create awareness about Cerebral Palsy and other disabilities. KPF will provide these services directly to individuals as well as to partner with other existing n-profit organizations to achieve these goals. Direct benefits will be limited to persons with disabilities who need adaptive sports equipment, mobility devices or medical care.
- Author BiographyAbout Kyle Pease At Kennesaw State University, Kyle excelled in the Sports Management field. He worked on designing disabled athlete friendly sports facilities in Acworth, GA before graduating in 2008 with a BS in Sports Management. Throughout his time at KSU, he was an active member and event coordinator for ABLE (Advocacy, Boldness, Leadership, and Empowerment), KSU's disabled student organization. Kyle was also a brother of KSU's Pi Kappa Phi fraternity. Kyle has worked as a liaison and an ambassador at a major grocery store chain and at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Kyle enjoys competing in marathons and Ironman races with his older brother, Brent. With the mission of instilling hope and determination, Kyle wants to help people see the world from a different view. Through his accomplishments and speeches he hopes to provide a positive outlook and inspiration for individuals looking for motivation in their own lives. Kyle's message, though always delivered with a sense of humor, is heartfelt and inspired by his unique perspective of life.
- Author(s)Kyle Pease
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jason Boucher
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.