Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe time is 1970, A Day In The Life, and what a difference this day will make in the lives of the Griffin family. They, of course, have kwledge of this, preoccupied by the past and ambivalent about the future. They are also amazed that, with their innate eccentricities, they have t died out. In Where Time Goes, a saga for and about Misfits, the richness and mystery of daily life unfolds in unexpected ways, testing dreams, beliefs, bonds. An intricately embroidered cloth, the Griffins watch the unraveling of their lives, feeling its texture leaving their grasp. In the process, the reader is left waiting as well, held in suspense, to see what, if any, new durable fabric will form.
- Author BiographyIn the early 1990's Stephen Mead's poems began appearing in such journals as Onionhead, Bellowing Ark, and Invert, but upon moving to Provincetown, Mass., Stephen decided to concentrate more on visual work. It was in the year 2000 that Stephen started seeking publication again for both his writing and his art combined. Since, then, thanks to the wonders of the World Wide Web, his work has appeared internationally both in cyberspace and hard copy. Often the writing has appeared along side his paintings, and at other times with the text superimposed. In 2004 Stephen began experimenting even more with these poetry/art hybrids creating a series of e books, including the award winning We Are More Than Our Wounds. From there Stephen began experimenting with his art and poems as films, at first creating slideshows with captions, and then doing his own soundtracks and voice overdubs. These DVDs are available through Indieflix.com In 2006 Stephen put this technology to use releasing a CD of poems set to music Safe & Other Love Poems (CDBaby.com), as well as two print editions of his image/art hybrids, Selected Works and Tree Companions, a fractured fairy tale for adults (Lulu.com). Stephen has also released a novel, Hang Onto Your Teeth, through Amazon.com. Currently he is working on a film series entitled Swan Songs which incorporates live footage superimposed over his paintings and digitized images while using his own singing voice for soundtracks.
- Author(s)Stephen Mead
- Date of Publication26/07/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.