Where am I Eating?: An Adventure Through the Global Food Economy with Discussion Questions and a Guide to Going Glocal by Kelsey Timmerman (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.08Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $43.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA deeply human-centered perspective on the origins of America's food Where Am I Eating? bridges the gap between global food producers and the American consumer, providing an insightful look at how our eating habits affect farmers and fishermen around the world. Follow the author on his global quest to meet the workers that nurture, harvest, and hunt our food, as he works alongside them loading lobster diving boats in Nicaragua, harvesting bananas in Costa Rica, lugging cocoa beans in Ivory Coast with a modern-day slave, picking coffee beans in Colombia and hauling tomatoes in Indiana. This new edition includes a study guide, a deeper explanation of the glocal concept, and advice for students looking to become engaged as both local and global citizens. Arguing neither for r against globalization, this book simply explores the lives of those who feed us. Imports account for eighty-six percent of America's seafood, fifty percent of its fresh fruit, and eighteen percent of its fresh vegetables. Where Am I Eating? examines the effects of this reliance on those who supply the global food ecomy. * Learn more about the global producers that feed our nation, and learn from their worldviews intensely connected to people and planet * Discover how food preferences and trends affect the lives of farmers and fishermen * Catch a boots-on-the-ground glimpse of the daily lives of food producers on four continents * Meet a modern-day slave and explore the blurred line between exploitation and opportunity * Observe how the poorest producers fare in the global food ecomy This book takes a human-centered approach to food, investigating the lives of the people at the other end of the global food ecomy, observing the hope and opportunity or lack thereof that results from our reliance on imports. Where Am I Eating? is a touching, insightful, informative look at the origins of our food.
- Author BiographyKELSEY TIMMERMAN is a speaker and writer who lives in Muncie, Indiana. His works has been featured in The Christian Science Monitor, U.S. News & World Report, NPR, and other media outlets around the world. Learn more at www.KelseyTimmerman.com
- Author(s)Kelsey Timmerman
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight382 g
- Width157 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.