All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEscape from the ordinary and break into Alcatraz, America's most famous prison! The island of Alcatraz has always been a place that's fascinated visitors, from the Native American tribes who believed it was home to evil spirits to the Spanish explorers who discovered the island. In modern times, it was a federal prison for only 29 years, but w draws over a million visitors each year. Learn the history of America's most famous prison, from its initial construction as a fort in the 1800s, to its most famous residents such as Al Capone and Machine Gun Kelly. Where Is Alcatraz? also chronicles some of the most exciting escape attempts even one that involved chipping through stone with spoons and constructing rafts out of raincoats! From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Author BiographyNico Medina is the author of Where Is Mount Everest? and Who Was Julius Caesar? He lives in Brooklyn, New York. From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Author(s)Nico Medina
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintGrosset & Dunlap Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width147 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Groff
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.