All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis intensely moving autobiographical account of Chantelle Gerber Coleman's childhood and upbringing in South Africa can bring tears to the eyes - but her sheer strength of will and determination to overcome obstacles is eugh to dry them again. Moving around the country and attending numerous schools, then 'abandoned' by both parents for years; left to be brought up first by relatives, then in children's homes with only her younger brother as family, Chantelle is determined to make something more of her life. Working and paying her own way through university, she eventually qualifies and is able to lead her life independently at last. This profound study of relationships sees family problems from all viewpoints, and coincidentally out of this touching story comes a social commentary of life and work in South Africa in the late 20th century when change was in the air and the preponderance of unemployment and serious crime could lead to life-changing decisions.
- Author BiographyChantelle Coleman grew up in South Africa, raised in Afrikaans-tongue, which is almost foreign to her now. She completed high school with honors and continued her studies at university to be an accountant. After meeting her husband at the age of 21, they decided to immigrate to Australia to pursue their dreams of having a family. Writing a book was never part of the master plan, until one day a complete stranger planted the seed that blossomed into published success. She continues to work in the tourism industry on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, Australia, as words continue to flow from her pen.
- Author(s)Anne Easterbrook
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication31/08/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.