All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.19
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionAssam in early nineties, British India. In her remote village, Ai discovers that her insurgent son is an assassin for the dreaded Sangathon fighting for independence. The situation spirals out of control when soldiers launch a brutal crackdown against the insurgents in the village. Ai, who saw her idealistic husband wither away on the broken promises of independence from the British, is unwittingly dragged into the quagmire of strife. From a hesitant supporter, Ai becomes a staunch follower, overcoming her scruples over her late husband's n-violent Gandhian principles. As the death toll mounts, she finds herself at the forefront of protests against the atrocities as she leads the villagers in one final confrontation with the police.
- Author BiographySubhakar Das studied dentistry at the Universities of Gauhati and Sheffield. His literary work, mostly poetry and short short fiction, has appeared in various publications throughout the world. WHERE THE RAIN FALLS is his first attempt at writing a full-length novel. He is presently working on his second book KHAKI PEACE.
- Author(s)Subhakar Das
- PublisherRoman Books
- Date of Publication30/04/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationHowrah
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRoman Books
- Width208 mm
- Height135 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.