About this product
- DescriptionIn a secular post-national Ireland, Noel Monahan strives to belong somewhere, always searching to find home. A series of meditative sonnets takes him to the stillness of ruins of medieval monasteries on the islands of Lough Ree. Here, the ether of the past generates poetic energy. In this in-between world, the past lingers in the slow ise of old ways dying. Yet, Monahan's territory is everywhere. He extends the parameters of Irishness, shifts from writing in English to Irish. He engages with Europe: Pessoa's Lisbon, Budapest, Sardinia's Nuraghi culture. This collection features selections from five previous collections, published over twenty-three years, as well as new work, and gives us an intriguing insight into Monahan's observations at the edges of time and place.
- Author(s)Noel Monahan
- PublisherSalmon Poetry
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCo Clare
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintSalmon Poetry
- Weight249 g
- Width134 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.