All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhere's The Scone? is a fun and humorous book for very young children, featuring all sorts of wonderfully exotic animals. This pre-school/first book for young readers is designed to encourage children to enjoy books, while teaching them the numbers 1 to 10. Where's the Scone? has a simple yet funny rhyming scheme making it easy to remember and the perfect aid for young children learning to count. Bright, vibrant illustrations help to keep young children's interest and allows them to learn without even realizing they are learning. A counting book from 1 to 10, featuring Llamas, Gnu, a few fish, a Swan and a scone...there are even a few Yeti in there. Where's The Scone? is a pre-school counting book which helps very young children to learn to count to ten in a fun and memorable way. Featuring all sorts of unusual animals, bright and highly visual illustrations to keep even the youngest readers interested, and an easy to learn and memorize rhyming scheme. The book is designed to make counting fun. Bright, vibrant images keep a child's interest while the funny yet simple rhymes aid in the child's learning. This book is a great way to bring numbers and numeracy skills into the curriculum so children learn about them in a fun and un-pressured way.
- Author BiographyBeth Dexter-Smith is an emerging talent in children's writing. She is a mother of two young children and hails from the North of Yorkshire. Beth Dexter-Smith was born too long ago in a little town called Guisborough on the northern edge of the North York Moors National Park. Beth's Mum and Dad often took her and her big sister walking in the nearby moors with their dog Bobby Sox and so began a life-long love of the outdoors. Following a gap year spent in Vancouver and North America, Beth studied history at Edinburgh University completing her second year in Bologna where she indulged her second love-cheese! After graduating she studied Building Conservation at Sheffield which led to a career as a Building Conservation Officer, initially in Beverley and shortly thereafter in Helmsley working for the North York Moors National Park Authority. In 2004 Beth married Jonathan; a childhood sweetheart whom she had rediscovered whilst at University. They lived in Pickering for a few years where they could hear the steam trains pooping from their garden and had lots of adventures hillwalking in Scotland, mountain bike tandeming in the moors and travelling the world. They now live in Helmsley and have two cheeky children, Isla and Finn, a campervan (yet to be named) and a tandem with a tandem tagalong!
- Author(s)Beth Dexter-Smith
- PublisherMy Little Big Town
- Date of Publication23/04/2013
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationHessle
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMy Little Big Town
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width160 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Calvin Innes
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.56
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.06
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.