All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.20
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.29
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.96
- AU $18.33Trending at AU $19.84
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $19.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.58
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $37.23
About this product
- DescriptionFifteen-year-old Carolyn Maull McKinstry was just a few feet away when the Klan-planted bomb that killed four of her friends exploded in the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama. It was one of the seminal moments in the Civil Rights movement, a sad day in American history . . . and the turning point in a young girl s life. Carolyn s story is a poignant and gripping eyewitness account of what it was like to grow up in the Jim Crow South from the bombings, riots, and assassinations to the historic marches and triumphs that characterized the Civil Rights era. A unique and moving exploration of how racial relations have evolved over the past five decades, While the World Watched is an incredible testament to how far we ve come and how far we have yet to go.
- Author BiographyCarolyn Maull McKinstry is a survivor of the Civil Rights struggle and an eyewitness to the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church bombing. As a teenager, she marched under Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and bravely faced Bull Connor's German shepherds and stinging fire hoses during the battle for equal rights in her hometown of Birmingham, Alabama.Now, nearly fifty years after the bombing, Carolyn is still an active member of the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church, serves as president of the Sixteenth Street Foundation, and works full time spreading her message of racial reconciliation.A highly sought-after speaker, she has appeared on Oprah, 20/20, CNN, and MSNBC, and portions of her story have been featured in Life magazine and USA Today.She has made numerous television and documentary appearances, including Spike Lee's documentary Four Little Girls; Soledad O'Brien's Black in America; Brian Williams's Shades of Progress, Shadows of Hate; and Family Network's We Shall Not Be Moved.Carolyn has addressed audiences in New Delhi, Mumbai, Barcelona, and the Italian Baptist Evangelical Union in Rome, as well as the Rosa Parks Museum, the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C., and numerous colleges and universities.She recently received her master of divinity from Beeson Divinity School in Birmingham, Alabama, where she currently lives with her husband, Jerome.
- Author(s)Carolyn Maull McKinstry
- PublisherOasis Audio
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOasis Audio
- Weight204 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Narrator(s)Felicia Bullock
- Contained items statement7 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time473
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.