All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionWhip of the Wild God catapults you on a wild ride into 1839 BCE India....Ishvari, an angry and spirited girl plucked out of rural poverty to be meticulously groomed by tantric monks, is elected to serve as spiritual consort to Takshak, powerful monarch of Melukhha. Her tumultuous journey--from terrified peasant to glamorous High Tantrika of Melukhha--hurls her into the abyss of addiction. As she sinks into depravity, Ishvari violates the ancient Melukhhan code of hor, infuriating Rudra-Shiva, the Wild God, and calling forth Takshak's sadistic revenge. And yet, as Ishvari flees for her life, w a torious fugitive with a gold price on her head, the fire wisdom teachings she has grasped intellectually as a girl finally blaze into roaring life....here is a magnificent metaphysical saga you will find impossible to put down!
- Author BiographyEnraptured by the depth and power of eastern philosophy, Mira Prabhu began to write WHIP OF THE WILD GOD during the freezing Manhattan winter of 1993. As the book shape-shifted into its present form, Mira continued to pursue her own quest for inner peace: first, she plunged into classical hatha yoga, then into Zen and Tibetan Buddhism, which took her all the way into the heart of the Himalayas; intense romances with both Sufism and Sant Math (The Path of the Mystic) followed, until, finally, she came to rest within the living cradle of Advaita-Vedanta. Today she brings the fragrant essence of all these mystical paths into her current practice of Atma Vichara (Self-Investigation), the method of direct illumination taught by the great sage Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi. Interestingly enough, Whip was completed twenty years after she began it--in the shadow of Arunachala, the ancient hill considered by millions to be the God Shiva incarnate! Mira now lives in the deep south of India, hanging out with her dogs Kali and Aghori, delighting in her growing garden, as she continues to explore her own spiritual and creative potential.
- Author(s)Mira Prabhu
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.