All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionCaptain Frank Jones, a famed nineteenth-century Texas Ranger,said of his company's top sergeant, Baz Outlaw (1854-1894), A man of unusual courage and coolness and in a close placeis worth two or three ordinary men. Ather old-time TexasRanger declared that Baz Outlaw was one of the worst and mostdangerous because he never knew what fear was. But t allthought so highly of him. In Whiskey River Ranger, Bob Alexander tells for the first time the full story of this troubled Texas Ranger and his losing battle with alcoholism. In his career Baz Outlaw wore a badge as a Texas Rangerand also as a Deputy US Marshal. He could be a fearless andcrackerjack lawman, as well as an unmanageable manic. AlthoughBaz Outlaw's badge-wearing career was sometimes heroicallycreditable, at other times his self-induced nightmarish imbrogliosteased and tested Texas Ranger management's resoluteness. Baz Outlaw's true-life story is jam-packed with fellows owningwell-kwn names, including Texas Rangers, city marshals,sheriffs, and steely-eyed mean-spirited miscreants. Baz Outlaw'stale is complete with horseback chases, explosive train robberies,vigilante justice (or injustice), nighttime ambushes andbushwhacking, and episodes of scorching six-shooter finality. Bazmet his end in a brothel brawl at the hands of John Selman, thesame gunfighter who killed John Wesley Hardin.
- Author BiographyBob Alexander began a policing career in 1965 and retired as a special agent with the US Treasury Department. He is the author of Rawhide Ranger, Ira Aten (winner of WWHA Best Book Award); Six-Shooters and Shifting Sands,Bad Company and Burnt Powder, Riding Lucifer's Line, and Winchester Warriors, all published by UNT Press. He lives in Maypearl, Texas, USA.
- Author(s)Bob Alexander
- PublisherUniversity of North Texas Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleFrances B. Vick Series
- Place of PublicationDenton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of North Texas Press,U.S.
- Content Note100 black & white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.