All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWould you like to better appreciate fine distilled spirits? Whiskey & Spirits For Dummies is your complete guide to selecting and enjoying this family of ble beverages, flavor by flavor. From whiskey, rum, and brandy to vodka, gin, and cordials, this handy reference traces the history of distilled spirits, explains how they are made, and shows you how to evaluate, serve, and savor them. Ever wonder why the Irish spell it whiskey and the Scottish whisky ? This friendly book tells you as it reveals where the first whiskeys - or dark spirits - originated and how they came to the United States. It also explores the origins of clear spirits and the different varieties of each. You'll compare American and European vodkas, see how to make the new and improved all-purpose Martini, and follow the spread of flavored rums across the globe. A slew of sidebars give you fascinating tidbits of information about these spirits. You'll also discover how to: Become a sophisticated taster Shop for the best spirits Select the right mixers Use spirits in cooking Make ten classic cocktails Choose and taste cordials and liqueurs Kw the nutrients in one serving of each type of distilled spirit Present spirits to guests Set up tasting events at home This thorough guide also features recipes for cooking with spirits, offering menu choices such as entrees, vegetables, and desserts that all include at least one type of spirit. Complete with an appendix of craft distillers across the United States, Whiskey & Spirits For Dummies will give you the kwledge and hands-on guidance you need to become a conisseur of such greats as fine Scotch, Bourbon, and Cognac in time!
- Author BiographyPerry Luntz has been involved in one way or another with the beverage alcohol business most of his adult life. For more than 20 years he has been publisher and editor of Beverage Alcohol Market Report, an international e-letter for marketing executives in beer, wine, and spirits. He served as Director of Marketing Communications for Seagram Distillers for a decade, worked on the creative side of several advertising agencies, including a spell as a creative director of a Young & Rubicam division, and for several years headed his own marketing communications agency. A consultant, lecturer, teacher, and news media source, Perry is frequently interviewed in newspapers, radio, and television, including the BBC. He is chairman emeritus of the Wine Media Guild, proving he knows his way around vineyards and breweries, as well as distilleries. Like many native New Yorkers, Perry is a political junky. He served several years as president of a highly regarded NYC political club. For the past decade, Perry has been Senior Editor of the Beverage Media Group, a network of trade magazines read by 140,000 licensed retailers. He also writes a weekly column for the group's B-to-B Internet site.
- Author(s)Carol Ann Rinzler,Perry Luntz
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/11/2007
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight464 g
- Width157 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $26.05Trending at AU $28.81
- AU $38.65Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $32.02
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.25
- AU $32.64Trending at AU $47.48
- AU $16.07Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $31.11Trending at AU $32.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.