All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionA dram of fine scotch can transport us to Scotland Highlands or Lowlands, coast or island from anywhere in the world. This fully illustrated book looks at the ingredients and processes, the distilleries, the famous whiskies, and the wealth of colourful tales that make scotch whisky what it is. Inside front: Scotch whisky: words redolent of Highland vistas and wind-blown coasts, carefully guarded family traditions and the living heritage of craft-based distilling. Yet despite these very specific associations it is also the world's most popular spirit, with new devotees flocking constantly from across the globe. Scotch Whisky looks at the history of the industry and drink - from moonlighters and Excisemen through prohibition up to recent competition from trendier clear spirits - and at what makes each malt whisky so unique: the various distilleries, the raw materials, the distillation and maturation, the sometimes minute variations that can make tremendous differences in flavor and aroma. Looking as well at grain whisky and blends, it is the only guide you will need to scotch and the scotch industry, whether touring distilleries or relaxing at home with a dram.
- Author BiographyTed Bruning has been a journalist in the drinks industry/hospitality trade press for nearly 30 years. In that time he has written a dozen or so books on subjects ranging from historic pubs to setting up a microbrewery, and taking in the history of cider.
- Author(s)Ted Bruning
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/03/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Note11 b/w; 61 col
- Weight244 g
- Width140 mm
- Height140 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.