All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe people, the tribes, the landscape, the legends ... one kws Africa like Frank Coates. At the dawn of the 20th century, young Dan Sullivan signs on to fight the Boers, but discovers war has horrors beyond the battle fields. In East Africa, a railway crosses a land with an unimaginable throng of wild animals. It is the golden age of the white hunter - men whose exciting lives entice rich hunters to go in search of big, dangerous game. After many failed attempts, old Bill Freeman sees his chance to make his fortune as a hunter and convinces Dan to join his fledgling safari company. Bill's young granddaughter, Liz, falls in love with Dan and with Africa - but tragedy forces her to return to Australia. Years later, as the shadow of the Great War falls across the continent, Liz returns to Africa and the man she has dreamed of since childhood. But Dan has secrets that threaten to shatter their love, and he must finally decide what courage truly means.
- Author BiographyFrank Coates was born in Melbourne and for many years worked as a telecommunications engineer in Australia and overseas. In 1989 he was appointed as UN technical specialist in Nairobi, Kenya, and spent nearly four years working, travelling and researching in Africa. Frank now lives in Sydney. This is his fifth novel.
- Author(s)Frank Coates
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew South Wales
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Weight562 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.