White Collar Crime: An Opportunity Perspective by Michael Benson, Sally S. Simpson (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $147.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $219.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs an instructor teaching white collar crime, are you frustrated by texts which leave your students feeling outraged but helpless about the subject? Assigning this new text by Mike Benson and Sally Simpson can successfully address that problem, because it explains to students why white-collar crime is so prevalent and so difficult to control. Using this text, instructors can show students how these crimes are carried out in ways that make them difficult to discover. Instructors can also show how opportunities for white-collar crimes could be reduced if we were to approach the problem from the perspective of situational crime prevention. The authors address the difficulty of controlling white-collar crime in detail, and speculate on the future of white-collar crime in the rapidly globalizing world of trans-national corporations.
- Author BiographyMichael L. Benson is Professor of Criminal Justice at the University of Cincinnati. He is a past President of the White-Collar Crime Research Consortium. In addition to numerous journal articles on white-collar crime, he co-authored Combating Corporate Crime: Local Prosecutors at Work, which received the 2000 Outstanding Scholarship Award of the Crime and Delinquency Division of the Society for the Study of Social Problems. Sally S. Simpson is Professor and Chair of the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice at the University of Maryland, College Park. She currently serves as Chair of the Crime, Law, and Deviance Section of the American Sociological Association. She is past President of the White-Collar Crime Research Consortium, and a recipient of the Herbert Bloch Award from the American Society of Criminology.
- Author(s)Michael Benson,Sally S. Simpson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCriminology and Justice Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date10/03/2015
- Content Note6 black & white tables, 5 black & white halftones
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.