All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionWhite Dogs is the story of a young woman and the six men who kw her in six different ways. It is the story of how the way men see women affects both men and women. Master story teller James Baker has created an astounding commentary on the human condition, discovering universal truths in a few grains of sand along the side of a rural road. Mary Charlotte Lafferty's life is molded by these six men: her father, whose suicide leaves her to grow up with a brother; her brother whose incence involves the two in the world's oldest taboo; the boy preacher who falls in love with her and loses his incence as he learns the truth and strips her of her own incence; the Mexican who helps her escape her prison and by worshiping her destroys himself; the man who uses his wealth to make claims on her that result in the deaths of two men; and the boy who starts out to kill her and what she means to him and ends up loving her as ne of the others did or could do. This book could just be a sleeping masterpiece.
- Author BiographyJames Baker developed his passion for history and religion while in high school, during his days as a Bulldog. He is a graduate of Baylor and Florida State Universities and has for many years taught at Western Kentucky University. Throughout his career he has been a prolific writer, authoring 22 books and over 60 articles. His articles have appeared in such places as Christian Century, Commonweal, The Chronicle of Higher Education, and The American Benedictine Review. His creative talents and his unique points of view and insights have also made him a highly sought after speaker. He has delivered addresses and papers in the United States, Italy, Korea, Taiwan, China, and other Asian countries. He often appears in a one person show-presentation of industrialist-philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. In addition to his teaching duties, James directs the Canadian Parliamentary Internship Program.
- Author(s)James T Baker
- PublisherGreen Hills Press, Incorporated
- Date of Publication18/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreen Hills Press, Incorporated
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.