All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJack London's classic vel White Fang is here faithfully adapted to the graphic vel format. White Fang, a wolf-dog, must fight to survive, and humans are t always his friends, but in this touching story of bravery and animal instinct, he overcomes his brutal nature to settle, domesticated, in a comfortable home. Ideal as visual introductions to classic texts, Graffex titles are fast-moving, cinematic retellings of wellkwn stories. Equally rewarding as comics, graphic vels or learning resources, the series uses specially commissioned full-colour artwork to retell some of the most incredible, influential and memorable tales in the can of English literature. Speech bubbles feature direct quotes from the original text, running captions describe events in a clear manner and detailed foottes translate challenging vocabulary and provide interesting background information. It's a wealth of key information that, critically, doesn't overwhelm or distract from the original story. Featuring photographs, paintings and maps, Graffex endmatters tell the story of each book in its wider geographical context. Text details the life of the author, the socio-political events which influenced the book and the impact the book had on the society of the time. Each title also features a double-page opening illustration and a full index.
- Author BiographyTom Ratliff was born in St. Louis, Missouri, but was raised in Connecticut. He has a master's degree (M.S.) in Early American History from Central Connecticut State University, in New Britain, Connecticut. He teaches American history as well as state and local history at his alma mater, and is an expert on the American Civil War and maritime history. A Vietnam War veteran, he is also working on a book about his experiences in the navy.
- Author(s)Jack London
- PublisherSalariya Book Company Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectChildren's Comic Strip Fiction & Graphic Novels
- Series TitleGraffex
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBook House
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Width170 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Penko Gelev
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.