All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $73.17Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1914, Tamar Murdoch's brothel-keeping days are behind her. Her life is one of ease and contentment at Kenmore, a prosperous estate in the Hawke's Bay, as storm clouds over Europe begin casting long shadows. In this gripping second instalment of Deborah Challir's sweeping family saga, Tamar's love for her children is sorely tested as one by one they are called, or driven, into the living hell of the First World War. During the Boer War, Joseph, her illegitimate eldest son, fought as a European, but this time he is determined to enlist in the Maori Battalion, despite his growing attraction for his childhood friend, Erin. As loyalties within the Murdoch clan are divided, and the war takes Tamar and Andrew's only daughter far from her sheltered upbringing, the people and experiences their children encounter will shape the destiny of the Murdoch clan for generations to come.
- Author BiographyDeborah Challinor is a freelance writer and historian living in New South Wales, author of many bestsellers including Isle of Tears and the trilogy Kitty, Amber and Band of Gold, and several non-fiction titles including Who'll Stop the Rain and Grey Ghosts.
- Author(s)Deborah Challinor
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (New Zealand)
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleChildren of War Trilogy
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers (New Zealand)
- Weight254 g
- Width197 mm
- Height128 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.