White House Chef: Eleven Years, Two Presidents, One Kitchen by Andrew Friedman, Walter Scheib (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.86+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn engaging book about life at the Executive Mansion...Hillary Clinton had charged this fiercely competitive, meticulously organized chef with bringing 'what's best about American food, wine, and entertaining to the White House.' His sophisticated contemporary food was generally considered some of the best ever served there. --Marian Burros, New York Times White House Chef Join Walter Scheib as he serves up a taste--in stories and recipes--of his eleven years as White House chef under Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush. Scheib takes readers along on his whirlwind adventure, from his challenging audition process right up until his controversial departure. He describes his approach to meals ranging from the intimate (rooftop parties and surprise birthday celebrations for the Clintons; Tex-Mex brunches for the Bushes) to his creative approach to bringing contemporary American cuisine to the people's house (including invative ways to serve state dinners for up to seven hundred people and picnics and holiday menus for several thousand guests). Scheib goes beyond the kitchen and his job as chef. He shares what it is like to be part of President Clinton's motorcade (the security bubble ) and inside the White House during 9/11, revealing how he first evacuates his staff and then comes back to fix meals for hundreds of hungry security and rescue personnel. Staying cool under pressure also helps Scheib in other aspects of his job, such as withstanding the often-changing temperature of the White House and satisfying the culinary sensibilities of two very different first families.
- Author BiographyWalter Scheib graduated from the Culinary Institute of America and served as executive chef at major hotels and resorts, including the Boca Raton Resort and Club and the Greenbrier Resort, before coming to the White House. He now runs The American Chef (theamericanchef.com), a company offering catering, cooking classes, and culinary talks that draw on Scheib's White House experiences. Andrew Friedman is the author or coauthor of more than fifteen books, including multiple collaborations with chefs Alfred Portale, Tom Valenti, and Pino Luongo. He also coedited the anthology Don't Try This at Home. He lives in New York City with his family.
- Author(s)Andrew Friedman,Walter Scheib
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Date of Publication09/02/2007
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight978 g
- Width194 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.