All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.26Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionPolice sub-inspector Swami has lost his job after suffering a stroke while beating up a very guilty suspect. He can longer talk properly, command the respect of his community, or give his six daughters the bankrupting dowries they deserve - and his wife is obsessed with securing the most expensive husbands in India. No wonder Swami has lost his pride and wants to kill himself using only a puncture repair kit. Surely a man in these circumstances has good reason to feel cursed when a white man falls out of the sky and lands on him in a busy street, dying in front of his eyes and making him a laughing stock. But as further strange incidents occur, Swami's hometown starts to believe he is walking with God, and life becomes easier...Mike Stocks' comic tour de force brilliantly exemplifies how sometimes in life meaningless events can produce meaningful effects.
- Author BiographyMike Stocks is the founder and editor of Anon, the anonymous submissions poetry magazine. His debut literary novel, White Man Falling, won the Goss first Novel Award in 2006. His translations of Roman poet Belli will be published by Oneworld Classics in Spring 2007.
- PrizesWinner of Goss First Novel Award 2006.
- Author(s)Mike Stocks
- PublisherAlma Books Ltd
- Date of Publication20/04/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSurrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlma Books Ltd
- Weight249 g
- Width127 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.