All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionFrom The Sex Pistols to Bad Brains, skinheads to afropunks, the punk rock movement has been obsessed by race. And yet the connections have never been addressed in a comprehensive way. White Riot will become the standard study of the subject, and the ultimate reader on the topic for punk professors and aficionados alike. The book collects writings from leading critics such as Greil Marcus and Dick Hebdige, personal reflections from punk pioneers such as Ian Stuart and The Clash's Paul Simen, and reports on punk scenes from Tunisia to Toronto. Put together in an entertaining way to appeal to both students and fans, White Riot includes photos, lyrics, and letters as well as articles from a wide array of punk rockers, scenesters, and scholars.
- Author BiographyStephen Duncombe is an Associate Professor at New York University where he teaches the History and Politics of Media and Culture. He is the author of Dream and Notes from Underground, the editor of Cultural Resistance Reader, and co-author of The Bobbed Haired Bandit. Maxwell Tremblay is a PhD candidate in Philosophy at the New School for Social Research in New York. He writes regularly for MaximumRocknRoll and plays drums in the band SLEEPiES.
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication11/07/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Content Note36 black and white illustrations
- Weight626 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byMaxwell Tremblay,Stephen Duncombe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.